The Expat Zambia Facebook group is intended as a discussion forum to support our website www.expatzambia.com.
ExpatZambia is a ‘SUPPORT’ group and discussion forum. It is NOT a ‘Buy & Sell’ group.
Our goal is to create a platform for expatriates to support, advice and connect with each other. Unlike other groups, we follow strict rules.
We maintain the group’s balance of 70% expats and 30% Zambian professionals. This delivers a higher quality of discourse. Given the substantial increase in selling activity we have decided it is necessary to moderate the posting of commercial and high value items in order to prevent the group becoming dominated by the buying/selling activity seen in other groups.
Please read the rules below. Failure to adhere to the rules may result in the member being muted or blocked from the group.
EXPAT ZAMBIA GROUP RULES:
1. No free posts of a commercial nature. Including any commercial goods or services, job adverts etc. Commercial adverts will be posted on the group by our admins only after payment is received. To post a commercial advert please;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2. You may only post free ads for PERSONAL SECOND-HAND items below the value of $3,000. No free posts of any item for sale over the value of $3,000. For ALL personal items for sale you MUST publish an ASKING PRICE. Ads without asking price will be deleted. For safety we recommend people contact you via PM – think twice before posting your phone number!
3. Posts of Real Estate of any kind or level is not allowed unless paid for. This includes private or commercial houses/offices/land for rent or sale.
4. You may post one-off events (ONCE!) provided they are charitable or deemed to be beneficial to the EZ group, but commercial events or repeated posts for a charitable events must to go through www.expatzambia.com
on the Featured Events Page.
5. No posts for PET FOR SALE, requests to buy pets or transfer of pets are allowed. If you have a pets that needs a home please contact LAWS.
6. No bigotry or derogatory language is allowed; treat ALL other members with respect and dignity. Violators will be banned immediately.
7. Before posting complaints about companies, restaurants, shops etc, please ensure that you have contacted management of the enterprise to try and get a resolution. We may ask for proof of this or delete the post.
8. No sale or transfer of guns or weapons of any kind including sporting weapons. No sales of new or second-hand mobile phones.
9. Please mark as SOLD any items that you have posted on EZ that are sold/taken or event date expired.
If you do see any posts that are in violation of the above, please do report it toan admin using the Report tag.
For any other comments, suggestions or complaints please email: firstname.lastname@example.org